Slowdown caused by new PE version

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by gottadoit, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

It looks like I have also been experiencing the slowdowns with the new version of Port Explorer and at times it is noticable to the point where a DCS component is visible as the suspect

dcsws2.dll!Add_ProcessID has featured at the top function in the usermode part of the call stack in more than one instance where IE or Avant has gone to 100% CPU utilisation. Firefox has also been noticably slower since the updated version of PE has been installed

At the moment I am thinking that this makes this dll a fairly likely candidate for being at least part of the problem...

Can someone from DCS have a look and see if they can see any bad behaviour with this DLL

Thanks

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Have you tried running the "Repair Now" under "Network Configuration Changes" in NOD32? This almost always fixes that for me after installing PE.

3. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Hi,
    Its been a week now with no reply and I was wondering if anyone from DCS had seen this and had a look ?

Thanks

NB: Thanks for your suggestion Notok but I had a fairly specific question for DCS

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I think we found an optimisation which has this effect, will contact you by PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.