Slow Start-Ups

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Legendkiller, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I am experiencing this problem ever since i have upgraded my computer...I think its mainly due to my new sata hdd i have installed.

My new config is- 2.8Ghz Celeron-D,1Gb RAM,160Gb HDD

The problem i am facing is that it takes a lot of time for my pc to load with security apps which were earlier doing well with my 1.7 Celeron,512mb ram computer...

Some of the apps like zonealarm suite,nis-2006 take a long-time to load at start-up on my new pc...which were earlier causing no slow-ups..

Even nod32 and kav takes a little longer time than before...

In my earlier pc i had that samsung hdd and i now have this sata hdd....

What i wanna know is that can sata drives cause slowness??

i am saying this because i had to replace my hdd on my computer earlier this yr cause the sata drive was forming bad-sectors and this new one is causing me immense problem with slow-start-ups...

Right now i am forced to use either of avast/avg so that pc loads properly...

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Its possible that your new sata hdd could be slower than your old one. The only way to find out would be to get the model numbers and compare them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.