Slow internet download speed

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by richtig, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richtig

richtig Registered Member

I have recently been experiencing a dramatic slowdown on the input (download) side of my modem. Sites such as www.dslreports.com which are normally very fast for me had slowed to a crawl. Using a tool such as LanSpeed I could see the brief upload packets, a few download packets, long pause, dribble of a few bytes, etc. I could find no fault with the landline, my modem, nor the ISPs equipment. In desperation, I used the time-honored method of un-installing the most recent application installed - in this case, MRU-Blaster. There was no initial change, but with a re-boot things came back to "normal".

Am I imagining things, or could MRUB cause this?

BTW, I always have a problem with this site in terms of speed - don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the service; I just wonder what the problem is.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I highly doubt MRU-Blaster could have been the problem. (And had it been the cause, uninstalling should have fixed it immediately.)

It is possible, though, that you had the MRU-Blaster Scheduler set to too frequent an interval. (Did you have it enabled?)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. richtig

richtig Registered Member

Yes, the scheduler was enabled - 5 minutes I think.
    In any case, I am now beginning to believe that the WinXP TCP/IP stack was corrupt. I had later symptoms which were cured by resetting the stack and re-booting.

Thank you for answering...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.