Slow and ineffective anti-theft

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Erudit, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erudit

Erudit Registered Member

i have just run the anti-theft test on a laptop and it provided me with a single screenshot, no location, no ip address, nothing else.

Also if eset anti-theft isnt connected to a network does it have the ability to find any network to connect to so that it can contact home?

i set i to create a screenshot nearly 30 minutes ago and still nothing, i think you need to look in to the speed in which requests are handled, from a customers point of veiw they will want to know whats going on every 30 seconds at least, its not as though its the upload speed of the machine as the jpeg screenshot it creates is 50k in size, ive monitored any connections in and out during the 30 minutes and theres been nothing, any ideas eset mods?

anyone else tested the features yet?

Also if i was to delete ecapture.exe would eset be able to reinstall the exe , otherwise i can render eset useless at returning any images

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

I ran this on May 29 and received the Locations.txt and screenshot right away. Here's what the Locations report detailed:

ScannedOn From: 29.05.2012 9:38 PM
    ScannedOn To: 29.05.2012 9:38 PM
    Street:
    City: CHULA VISTA
    Premises:
    Provider: COX COMMUNICATIONS INC
    Longitude: -117.084200
    Latitude: 32.640050
    Accuracy:

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It is important to keep in mind that this feature is still under development and the behavior of the feature and its appearance are going to change over time.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.