slightly off topic

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sweetie(*)(*), Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

hi, can any 1 tell me how to connect my pc to my tv?

i have downloaded movies on pc that i want to send to my tv

i have gf4 ti4200 with vid in an vid out [ s video ports ]
    xp home sp2
    3ghz cpu
    512 ram

tv with rca an s video
    vcr with rca

thanks.
    sorry this is so off topic, but i cant find much info on how to do this.

2. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Connect the S video "out" from the vid card to the S video "in" at the TV. Turn "on" the S video "out" signal at the video card.

3. Sweetie(*)(*)

ok, how do i turn on the signal, and what program do i use to play the movies so that they will be on the tv?

i have winfast pvr that came with the card.

4. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

There should be a little program used to configure the video card. Use it to turn on the S video out. You can also download the latest Nvidia driver at the Nvidia website. Dell PCs MAY need special video driver from Dell. Once the S video "out" is activated, the video will automatically appear on the TV. Note that there will be some video degradation since the signal format used by the PC monitor is different from the TV.

If you're downloading warez movies, then you're on your own when it comes to a working playback device.

5. Sweetie(*)(*)

ok thankx i got it working now, i had to uplug my lcd so the tv was the only monitor. just to get the graphics card to recognize the tv, then plug in the lcd.
    only seems to work with windvd but i press play on pc an it goes full screen @ tv. perfect thank you.

6. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Most welcome. I prefer Power DVD. No need to switch to Power DVD if Win DVD is working fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.