Slightly Concerned

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by VinceAshbySmith, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinceAshbySmith

VinceAshbySmith Registered Member

Hi all i'm a little concerned over the results of Eset Smart Security in some latest tests (http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/#firewalls-ratings), it doesn't seem to do very well. I've had Smart Security installed since xmas and haven't had any problems. Should i be concerned with these ratings or should i stick it out with smart security as eset are still new to the whole firewall thing? If i did switch it would be to something like nod32 and comodo (how does this sound?)

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

You should not use someone else's test results as a prime indicator to whether it works for you or not. ;)

There are only a few tests done on software like this that are really even valid. There isn't a way to know what criteria was used in the test you linked.

My best advice, if it works for you, keep using it.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You are refering to a dedicated firewall test, however, ESS is a suite and, in many cases, the antivirus module protects you against threats or exploits even better that stand-alone firewalls.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The way I explain it to customers is using a car - if you have a complete car and fuel, you have a complete solution... you are able to use the vehicle effectively to get from A to B. However - some wise fellow takes out the fuel, or the tyres, or the ECU - and all of a sudden your car doesn't work so well at getting you from point A to anywhere else. The solution is only workable with all the components - ESET Smart Security is not designed as a set of components you can pick and choose from - it is a COMPLEX and INTEGRATED SOLUTION, which has parts traditionally looked upon as separate pieces. In this instance, you can't take a firewall test alone without the AV/AS components as anywhere near the complete article. It would be just as likely that your tank of fuel will get you to your destination in the absence of your engine! ;)

5. VinceAshbySmith

VinceAshbySmith Registered Member

Cheers guys, you're correct in what you say there. Was just a bit worried at the results! But as you say its a complete solution and its worked well for me so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.