SkyDrive getting even better

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by elapsed, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

There were rumours this week that Microsoft was going to start adding additional GB's of storage to SkyDrive for a yearly fee that undercuts a lot of competition: http://www.neowin.net/news/more-storage-and-windowsmac-apps-for-skydrive

Now there's even more info:
    More upcoming SkyDrive features revealed: ODF documents, BitLocker key management, URL shortening, and much more

http://www.liveside.net/2012/02/19/...-key-management-url-shortening-and-much-more/

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Sweet.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

So far I've been lucky and that hasn't affected me as I'm mainly using it to stream my music to my Lumia. What I'm looking forward to is the app to make SkyDrive more like a folder on your system (like Windows Live Mesh). Though I'm hoping that will already be part of the Windows 8 beta.

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I've never really used SkyDrive as Google Docs has worked well for me and that's where I do my notetaking on m CR48 and Windows computer. But it seems like the best option out there.

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Is there a good Android phone app that works well with Skydrive?

6. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

FolderSync

"It currently support multiple SkyDrive, Dropbox, SugarSync, Ubuntu One, Box.net, LiveDrive, HiDrive, NetDocuments, Amazon S3, FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDAV or windows share (Samba/CIFS) accounts, and support for more platforms are planned."

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

thanks, I'll give it a look

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.