Size mismatch in metadata dump

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Phil Z, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Z

Phil Z Registered Member

Hoping someone on here can help me.

I have Windows 7. Two external drives: one for media (2TB), one for backup (500GB). I have Paragon Backup and Recovery 12 .. but I can't get it to work.

I did a Smart Backup, then clicked Other Files and Folders, then clicked the user folder on my internal drive and a number of folders on the external media drive (total files to backup is about 200GB). Then I targeted the backup to save on the external backup drive, which I had just previously reformatted.

However, I get the following error message when I try to run the backup: "Size mismatch in metadata dump". Then Windows forces the program to quit.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

No good idea for sure but I would try doing the internal first, then re-running the wizard and doing the external and see what happens.

3. Phil Z

Phil Z Registered Member

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Unfortunately, no difference.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I tried Other Files and Folders, picked a few and when it was starting the actual backup I go a message that part of Paragon Backup & Recovery has stopped working. This is in Backup & Recovery 12 Home running in Win8.

I don't use Paragon for file and folder backup so I can't say if that is usual behaviour, if it is, it is obviously wrong!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.