SiteAdvisor -- strange

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jcollake, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

This is why such "reputation services" are useless and shouldn't be trusted. It's way too easy to game them. In regards to the original topic, I can't believe this has gone on this long and gotten so out of hand.

2. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

About Avast and their 100+ million vs. WebRep one of their employees statement give some hope. From their forum:

Using all those users to test if it works or not is pretty stupid though. It does not and what they do think users can help with is not represented correctly by using red and green bars - that spells SECURITY to most people. Credit to them saying community skills are limited and I guess also because they are not sure WebRep is such a cool feature ;) Pumping up efforts in blocking malicious urls via Network Shield would be much more comforting. I am not sure Avast even use the well known sources for this, could start with that. WOT does. Effective, proven to work - much opposite community stuff.

I must get used to the new experimental Avast :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.