Site to investigate!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by WhiteMateria, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteMateria

WhiteMateria Registered Member

Outwar.com is about the newest and most annoying site I have come across... Its a game where you have this so called monster, thug or popstar and your mission is to actually get other folks to click the link to your character in order for it to grow in some way. Go into any AIM chatroom and now almost 75% of the links are for this damn site! In fact people even set up other sites so that the links look valid but then redirect you to outwar.com! The player to get the most hits wins something like in prizes or in cash but what the heck is it all for? Are they downloading spyware on our computers we just don't have the signature files for yet? This site is fishy at best!

2. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

IRC chatrooms too. I hope someone takes that server's IP address and [not posted because Paul would kill me] !!!!!

It's just some idiot game to get people hitting the site as "recruits" so they can win an xbox. I don't know what the point is for the site. Maybe for banner views so they can rake in more money or something.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Grin..not really, Mike - worse: I'll drop my 3 ex's on your front door :D

Seems like it.

regards,

paul

4. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

o_O :eek: :blink:

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Mike,

It would be hell - believe me ;)

regards,

paul

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Seen way too many of those damnable links; been deleting them and officially banning them at my online-gaming squad's forum...

I guess advertising pay-per-click is the deal... Looks like it anway I've clicked one or two before on accident and didn;t notice any strange traffic through Sygate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.