"Single-click an item" causing unwanted side effects

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Hey all. I've been having an issue with folders not refreshing automatically, for example if I open a folder and scroll to the bottom, then minimize and do something else, when I restore the folder it's always back at the top again. I have to press F5 every time before I minimize then it's okay. Long story short, I figured out it's the "Single-click to open an item" in Folder Options that's causing it. It doesn't do it when I set it to "Double-click." As much of a pain as it is to manually refresh every time I'd like to keep using single-click. Can anyone think of an explanation for why it's behaving this way or if there's a workaround. (Vista) Thanks.

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

After a little more experimentation the click option doesn't seem to be the real issue. If I refresh when I initially focus on the folder, it remembers from then on until I focus on another folder or task, then it forgets. I think it must be Vista. I don't remember XP ever doing this. I guess I'll just live with it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.