Singapore Airlines passengers unsettled by cameras in seat-back displays

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Trevor Mogg Posted on 02.19.19

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

So what happens if you apply an adhesive bandage?

~ OT Remarks Removed ~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2019
  4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Don't worry these privacy concerns will disappear.

....As those that care, age & die.

5. mirimir

Or something that's arguably accidental, to perhaps avoid penalties for tampering with security gear.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

7. guest

guest Guest

why that? are you used to do "intimate" or "not-so-legal" stuff while on a plane?

8. mirimir

It would bother me, to be on camera during the flight. I'm guessing that there's also a microphone.

For example, conversations with people in adjacent seats ought to be private.

So anyway, I wouldn't use that airline.

It'd be tempting to cover the camera (and microphone, if any). But that'd probably just lead to a visit from staff.

9. Stefan Froberg

Stefan Froberg Registered Member

Oh great...
    Like spying from phones, drones, computers, cars, smart TVs and CCTVs was not enough... :eek:

Apparently some people are not happy untill majority of peasants are 24/7 under
    surveillance.

Soon can't take even a **** without some damn cam watching....

10. guest

guest Guest

I used this company a lot. It is one of the top 3 airlines for their quality of service.

Having this cam is a service, it doesn't means it is activated and spying on you...

Those privacy sheeps worrying about a cam while they posts their life on social medias... Why they don't complain about integrated webcams in laptops and tablets lol.

11. Stefan Froberg

Stefan Froberg Registered Member

If by privacy sheep you are referring me FYI, I don't do social media, don't own tablet and the laptop cam I took off long time ago ... :D:D:D

12. guest

guest Guest

Not you, people on forums are over-paranoid to me but at least they have some knowledge that may validate their motives.

I was more about those clueless shocked people that reported it or reacted to it and made it sound like the NSA is on the plane :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2019
  13. mirimir

OK, so if it's not being used, except when a passenger wants it, then there should be no problem covering it, when it's not being used.

14. guest

guest Guest

Some airlines already offers internet onboard, so I bet some major messenging apps should be offered, then a webcam makes sense.

15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

16. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Hmmm... I wonder what disgusting activities those passengers are engaged in while seated on an airplane?

An airplane's passenger compartment is a public place. There is no legally enforceable right to privacy when one is in a public place. The airline can impose restraints (such as restricting passengers from using cameras) because the airplane itself is private property. But for passengers, relative to privacy expectations, it is a public place.

17. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Not the point. I wouldn't want a camera on that could be recording me. Also the airlines aren't dumb. Passengers can vote with their choice of who they fly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.