Since TDS is gone what can WE do in the gap between TDS and Diamond's new products?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by MakoFusion, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakoFusion

MakoFusion Registered Member

The annoucement has been made and TDS is no longer being continued. Some of us like myself feel a little lost - We looked to TDS being the best 'trojan scanner' out there but now what? Diamond says they now have the time to work on other projects for our protection but until that time comes - What is the best way to secure that layer of defense for the trojan side. Which AV scanner or Trojan scanner out there is the best now that TDS is out of the picture? And also what are some ways to even prevent trojans in the first place - so that I don't have to rely on a scanner so much?

This posting I hope will get some response and help others as to which direction to go. Thanks for your speedy response in advance...

Mikk

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Re: Since TDS is gone what can WE do in the gap between TDS and Diamond's new product

Hi MakaFusion,

This question has been discussed in other threads, e.g.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=90064&highlight=tds-3

I, as well as many others, have opted for Ewido. Other suggestions have included: BOClean, TrojanHunter, A-squared for real-time protection. All of these products have free trial periods except for BOClean. BOClean offers a full money-back guarantee.

Hope this helps,
    Rich

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Well you basicly have four choices left, that are any good :

BOClean The oldest of the bunch, daily updates including weekends.

Ewido Also daily updates.

A-squared (A2) Doesn't update as often the others, claims it doesn't have to.

Trojan Hunter Does not update as often as the the two first.

4. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

@Don
    Wrong updates almost everyday!!

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Truely, since this thread is basically asking the very same questons as in the other thread richf has linked to, and given that it would be more beneficial to everyone to keep it all in one place rather than have good suggestions bouncing back and forth between two threads on the same topic. So I'll close this one now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.