Since getting NOD32 I cant open some webpages

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nerida, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerida

nerida Registered Member

I recently got my computer fixed, all the virus taken off and NOD32 antivirus installed and ever since then i cant access some webpages. They wont even load, i remain on the original page and down the bottom the bar loads to half way then stops. I thought it may be the browser so I downloaded a second one but it is the same, I also thought maybe it was my connection but have connected using a second wireless connection and nothing changed. Some of the sites I cant open are facebook, hotmail and i can open google but it wont open the second page when i search for something. Any ideas on what it could be eg settings? I hope someone can help!
    thanks

2. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

I thought for a minute that the pages were blocked by Eset - but these you mention are not. This is more than likely your browser settings and not a NOD/Eset problem.

If you disable NOD then access the pages do they open and perform as they should? If so, then you can set them up as exceptions - find the setting under "Web Access Protection"/'HTTP'/ 'Excluded addresses'. Best way to access these settings is to open the main interface and tap F5.

Good luck !

:)

3. nerida

nerida Registered Member

I have changed all my settings on the browser and nothing changed, although im not really sure what to change and nothing changed when i used a different browser.
    I just tried disabling nod and it doesnt make any difference so i guess its not that! thanks for your help.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Are you sure all the threats have been removed ? Are you positive that all bad changes the malware has possibly performed have been reverted ?

If you are ESET client you can contact ESET Support or post in a forum providing malware cleaning services so that they check what exactly is going on.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps a log from Wireshark with the communication on port 80 captured would shed more light.

6. nerida

nerida Registered Member

im not sure what you mean, sorry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.