silent uninstallation of nod32 via gpo shutdown script

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by murdamcloud, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murdamcloud

murdamcloud Registered Member

Hi I have scripted the install of nod32 so that clients get the correct config etc and the reboot after install.
    I need to work out how I can do the reverse but I can't find any documentation on switches for setup.exe except /uninstall which is fine but I want it to be silent and completely non-interactive.

TIA

2. murdamcloud

I think that the silentmode switch may work here but I am running into problems with the uninstall(this is for testing before deploying nod on our network)
    as now I am being prompted for a password when manually uninstalling.
    I didn't set a password. is there a way to update the config.xml so that it gets pushed to the client?

3. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Maybe this can help.

Control Center - Mirror - Setup - Setup - Add configuration package with requested changes and update clients from mirror.

4. murdamcloud

Thanks ghostman,
    will try that.
    Do modified configs not get pushed to clients if a new task is setup of type 'configuration'?
    I can't seem to actually get my custom made tasks to run-even though I seem to be settings them up correctly.
    The task doesn't run at the time I specify for the config to be pushed out.

5. murdamcloud

Okay, have worked out that the remote admin section of the client was not properly setup-eg the Connect remote administration was not enabled.
    now i'm going to work out how to get this done automatically when installing. I guess I need to play with the configs more.
    Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.