Silent Mode Feature Request

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gordho, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordho

gordho Registered Member

Silent Mode is great in a corporate environment but it is maybe a little too silent. I do not want my users to get notified every time they get an update but I would like them to know if their signature is out of date. I imagine with XP this would not be a problem because of the security center but on Windows 2000 they will not get any type of notification if Silent Mode is on. The main issue concerns my remote users who get their updates from one of my web servers but only talk to the RAS when they connect through the VPN which means their Nod32 status info is out of date unless they have connected to the VPN for a few minutes. One solution for this would be more granular options for Silent Mode by allowing us to choose what we want to be silent.

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

I wrote a little vbscript module that I use in our login script to determine if NOD is out of date. I have it set to pop up a window at >= 10 days. You could easily put something like that in their startup folder. NOD itself will otherwise announce out of date at (I think) 30 days when it's starting.

3. gordho

gordho Registered Member

It does not appear to warn if it is in silent mode. I fired up a laptop today that had not been updated since August and never got a notifcation. Mind sharing your vbscript?

4. anotherjack

Send me a PM and I'll shoot it to you. If there's additional interest from other NOD users/admins, I can post it here.

5. gordho

gordho Registered Member

PM seems to not be functioning. You can send it to one of my spam accounts but I will add a little extra protection anyway. Remove the REMOVEME from the address. Send to monsterlogik@REMOVEMEyahoo.com. Thanks!

6. anotherjack

On its way. Let me know how it works out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.