Signs for a free Bitdefender coming soon?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ibrad, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

They do. At least, in the paid versions.

2. carat

carat Guest

3. Unity

Unity Registered Member

Rubbish , tried it in a WM , it installs the brazillian version with a custom installer asking you if you wanna install the phpnuke toolbar heh :D

4. carat

carat Guest

Well done - thank you ;)

5. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hello

When is 2011 Bitdefender Free seem Final

6. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Just to note I was never sure of a BitDefender free coming, that's why I added a question mark on the topic post. I was asking if it was a sign of a free BitDefender coming. Maybe they will be planning one in English maybe not, only waiting will tell.

7. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

My assumption is there will be no BD free (with real time protection) in english ,german or even romanian.They made that version to get market atention simple as that.You already know BD is good/decent and cheap as price ,but in that geographical area they may not know.
    And secondly even if there is an english version you will be aware of it few months later.For example there was a BD 2009 free version for romanians ,but on the BD ro page you could always download ONLY the BD 10 free version :) It needed 2 months for the site to change after i ve whined about on the forum (having feedback from Cris).
    So dont wait for a free BD ,with real time protection to much ,it may never happen :)

8. TheGyre

TheGyre Registered Member

Wouldn't it get really complicated for Bitdefender to become entirely free since it would have to negotiate with many other AV's that have bought rights to use it? I do not know the specifics of those contracts, nor am I a lawyer, so I can only speculate with limited knowledge.

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

FWIW- Ashampoo antivirus (prior to the version of the past year or two) was just a rebranded version of the free Avira.

10. carat

carat Guest

Where is it ... :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.