Signature updates not coming down properly again.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by biggerbyte, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggerbyte

biggerbyte Registered Member

Suddenly the signature files are not downloading as they should. I visit uset.com to see what the latest version is, then I check my current to find that it is out of date. I try to manually update and it tells me that I'm current. Of course, this is not true. I have to do the old, "click the update button several times", trick before anything can download.

Heads up with the servers, ESET.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

What firewall are you using? Check your firewall log for blocked packets.

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi, do you use trial or paid version?

4. biggerbyte

I'm using the trial again right now. I'm not paying for ESET anymore until they have assured us all that 3.0 is stable. This is still an issue. I noticed today on the ESET website that 3144 was the latest version. I was sitting with 3142, so I had to do a forced update. Even that took several clicks on the update button. Now I have 3145, which is strange. It should be 3144, as stated above. I don't understand that one either.

5. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

6. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Sometimes trial accounts are disabled for better comfort of paying customers.

7. biggerbyte

Problem is there still today. I'm sitting at 3153 when 3155 is out. Only this time a manual update is not working either. I've clicked on "update" over and over again to no avail.

8. biggerbyte

Well I appreciate the help (NOT) from the folks at ESET, or one of the "experts" from this forum. There is no way in hell I'm going to purchase the software until version 3 is free of its reported troubles that are of the major variety. If you can not support someone pre-purchase, how are you to expect the customer to believe that they can get help post-purchase.

ESET is still having a problem with their servers. This is an ongoing issue. It has nothing to do with whether it is version 2 or 3, or whether it is trial or not. Part of a "reliable" product is a RELIABLE customer service and tech support. You send emails and get no reply, and we post questions in here and get no help from the people who should be giving it.

Patience is wearing thin. The ONLY reason I'm hanging on now is because I'm getting the on again/off again automatic update, vs. nothing at all.

There are other choices that can be made if ESET does not care about its customer base.

9. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Please respond to those members that are seeking to help you.
    What firewall are you using? Is the firewall blocking any packets?
    Did you try temporarily turning off the firewall and then try updating NOD32 to see if your firewall is causing the problem?
    What messages is your event log showing?
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=487808&postcount=87

10. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Perform upgrade to v3, I didn't register this problem with update in v3. Next advantage is that update packages are smaller like for v2. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.