*Sigh* CPU usage constantly at 30-45% for ekrn.exe - What's up?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Xophile, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meranaamjohn007

meranaamjohn007 Registered Member

I am facing the same problem with a little difference.

When I am watching movie or playing games ekrn.exe consumes my 100% cpu usage.

I have to kill this process twice to return to normal cpu usage.

Can Anyone help me plzzzzzzzzz? thnxxxxxx in advance

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

My CPU usage is perfectly normal with .650.:thumb:

3. shansmi

shansmi Registered Member

I was having the same problem on my q6600 but never to 100%... what I found was the firewall log was filling up to over 40MB so I looked through some of the entries and since I have Fiber to the house for TV, Phone and Internet...I saw many Arp Attacks in the log. I turned that off since I know it is my cable boxes behind my hardware firewall arp'ing all the time...it has not been a problem since but I did have to use the system log cleanup funtion to empty the log as it was to large to do manually - I created a Log Maintanence one time execution task....

As far as this happening while playing a game, is it Internet based or local? That sounds like a real-time scan taking place for Internet traffic.....

What game? I play Crysis local with no problems and have also played CoJ and Halo2 both local as well with no problems related to ESS eating CPU time...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.