Should I uninstall spywareblaster v260 prior to v261 or not?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by haskings2000, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haskings2000

haskings2000 Registered Member

Hi , I have spyware v260, when updating it said that there was a new version but such updater was not up to the task, i have downloaded the new version, should I uninstall first the V260 and then install version v261, or the new version will clean all up when installing like winzip does?

all help will be deeeeeeply appreciated o_O o_O
    thanks

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi haskings,

IMHO, have always supported clean uninstallation and then complete installation.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, subratam is correct. It is generally best to uninstall old versions of some software before installing the new, though it often is not necessary. I always do it that way myself.

In this case, you should definitely reboot your system and uninstall SpywareBlaster 2.6 from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs without running SpywareBlaster first. (There have been cases where when running SB 2.6 and getting the message about a new version being available - that from that point SB is locked and will not upgrade or uninstall without first rebooting.)

So, reboot and go immediately to uninstall via Add/Remove Programs. Once the old is out you can directly install 2.6.1 cleanly.

4. haskings2000

haskings2000 Registered Member

gotcha. I will then proceed to uninstall version 2.6.0 rebbot and install v2.6.1

thanks for your help

PD. I do not think the unistaller will remove the protection spyware blaster gives, but if any of you could confirm it I will be much obliged

thanks

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That is true. Uninstalling SpywareBlaster does not remove the protections. The only way to undo the protections is to click the "Deselect All" button followed by the "Remove Protections for Unchecked Items" button. That alone removes the protections.

You do not need to remove the protections in order to deinstall the old version and install the new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.