should i remove Malwarebytes?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mantra, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

under w7 i run nod antivirus 5.2.15.1 , is the last v5 version?
    and on a laptop i have xp

and i have Malwarebytes paid installed

reading https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=319192 , i should remove Malwarebytes

but is related only to xp ?
    is there a way to keep nod and malwarebytes installed together ?

thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Do you have issues with the 2 running? If not keep it as is.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Why waste something you have paid good money for.:argh:

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

yes instead , but i don't like Bsod :blink:

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i should test it , but is it related to xp only?
    but is v. 5.2.9 only to have susch issue?
    i mean previous version of 5.2.9 , doesn't lockup the systen

thanks

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Not to state the overly obvious but have you made the correct exclusions in both programs.Conflict going on somewhere if your system is crashing.:cool:

7. er34

er34 Guest

@mantra

My experience shows that Malwarebytes is very good (4.5/5) program when it comes to detection and cleaning malware. It is OK when it comes to protection (3/5).

I myselft install and get licence for MBAM PRO (paid) only for very high risk users (users I consider need additional real-time protection because they install a lot and touch everywhere on the Internet).

I do not like that much the paid version of MBAM because:
    - on most machines it kind of consumes a lot of CPU/RAM most of the time (not always but frequently)
    - having two protections of the same kind is not that good - there is a risk of conflicts and lockups caused by MBAM on every OS
    - it gives a lot of false positives when it comes to web sites - IPs (which requires adjusting of settings) and some times it produces FPs for files.
    - configuring your AV and MBAM requires time (too many exceptions/exclusions...)

So, my recommendation would be,
    If you consider yourself high risk user, then use the paid versions. Otherwise, use only the free part and scan from time to time only (e.g. once every week or once every two weeks, etc...) When in free on-demand mode only, it is very good and it does not consume all the time machine power, it does not conflict with other products, you have control of potential FPs, no unwanted windoes. Another alternative I would recommend is HitmanPro

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I run MBAM Pro real time on my WIN7 64x computer with no problems running along side Avast! AV. On the other hand I had to run it on demand on my XP computer because I didn't have the resources on that computer to go real time. Personally if I had to dump something on your computer, it would be the NOD32. MBAM Pro is the better software IMHO.

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

MBAM is Top notch but maybe Disable real time for a while, possiable driver conflict maybe.

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I have not experienced any of the above, and to some extent, great or small, disagree with them all. ;)
    Something to think about. :thumb:

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It has been said before, MBAM is Not a replacement for an AV!
    And this thread is not about whether Nod32 or MBAM is better than the other.

With the right exclusions you should be able to get them to work together I think.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  12. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

Don't use MBAM realtime, its a good second opinion anti-malware
    mbam still has a long way to make its rt resource friendly.

13. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Eset NOD32 for virus.

MBAM for spywares.

I use only the free version of MBAM. ;)

Don't ever remove a top rated antispyware in your system or else...you'll suffer the consequences. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  14. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Just place MBAM in on-demand. I have Eset NO32 AV in realtime and MBAM Pro for on-demand. I always check whatever I scan with MBAM.

15. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i bought malwarebyte because it's a great software and need support!
    for the client support is the really the best , i got answers in 2 hours

never had such client support from antivirus teams:thumbd:

16. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

When I was running XP at some stage I did encounter problems with the combo of NOD 5 and Malwarebytes Pro. The issue only related to USB drives and there is a fairly extensive thread somewhere. I was never able to solve this for XP and learned to live with it, ie not to plug in a USB drive or turn a drive on. As long as I did not do this, no problem with the combo. If you work with USB drives a lot, then running malwarebytes only on demand seems the best solution.

Since I moved to Win7 I have not had a single problem with both programs running in real time.

17. mantra

mantra Registered Member

by the way there is even outpost in the list

18. black_harry

black_harry Registered Member

Hi,

Personally I think that this is wrong to assume that there exist soft that will protect you for all threads.. it does not exists, but I don't see a point to install 2 (or more!) different security solutions that should cover same cases.
    So I've chosen one soft (you know which one:)) which I trust.
    Playing with many different solutions can cause a lot of conflicts (with drivers - I had some bsods in such combos) between vendors - and finally it can cause that you will be less protected then you could if you decided for one solution.

Second thing is that I always thought that one argument why people likes ESS/NOD is performance and no "real" lagging during system working. (real I mean not that measured by tests, but from your own perspective) - then again same question - why to install next vendor solution - to make system slower? Seems to be ridiculous.

This is my voice on that topic.

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.