Should a person continue to surf when avg is scanning

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by imadreamer2, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imadreamer2

imadreamer2 Registered Member

This might be a dumb question but I finally decieded I had better ask it in case I am messing up something on my system.

Since I do not leave my computer on all the time I have set it to run the antivirus scan at noon. Sometimes I am doing something and don't realize it has started the scan until it hits certain files and the mouse will run real jerky, that's when i look down and see avg running. The screen will be behind the window I have open. The question is Should I continue to surf when it is scanning or should I be idle till the scan completes? o_O

2. CARCHARODON

CARCHARODON Registered Member

You can do anything while the file scanner is running, it won't hurt a thing. Of course things might be a little slower.

3. imadreamer2

imadreamer2 Registered Member

Thanks, I wasn't quite sure. But I got to thinking when I ran the one at one at symatec I think it was it would not let you surf during the scan. That's good to know for sure. Again thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.