ShopNav Hijacker - PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Justa Girl, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justa Girl

Justa Girl Registered Member

Hello. I run Ad-Aware SE Build 1.05 and for the past couple of days, it says a newer version is available. I've tried downloading the new version from www.lavasoft.de/support/download/ more than several times and my computer freezes.

For the past week or so, almost everytime I run Ad-Aware SE (1.05), I get a malware (?), ShopNav Hijacker and the risk level is high 8! I try deleting it but everytime I try to delete, my computer freezes and it won't let me delete. So I put it in "Quarantine" and then I do not know what to do about it from there. I don't know exactly what it all means, but it doesn't sound good to me. I've been searching on the net to possibly fix it or find out a bit more about it. I have not found anything to get rid of ShopNav Hijacker. Can you pleeeaase help me!

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. Justa Girl

Hi Snowbound. Thank you for the welcome and your quick reply.
    Looks like the removal instructions suggest I use Symantec program? Is this free? If not, is there anyway I could use some other program that is free?

*Worried*

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The below link might help with the variant of ShopNav search-hijacker that you have in regards to removal instructions....but....you might want to also consider visiting one of the dedicated cleaning Forums that we usually recommend and post what they call a HiJackThis log.

Some of the larger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than many others) are: CastleCops.com, Net-Integration.net, TomCoyote.org, and SpywareInfo.com.

Which ever site you decide to go to....please be sure and follow their posting policy before you post your HijackThis log.

Try this first---> http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ShopNav.html

5. Justa Girl

Thank you Bubba, I did download HijackThis a couple of days ago when I found Trojan horse using AVG (Grisoft)...since I can't read the log, I posted it on GeekstoGo Forums. They haven't replied yet...I will try the ones you listed. *Crossing my fingers*.

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions :p or just to say that it worked (hopefully the latter)! :)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you do not mind....would you Please post a link to the thread you have created.

7. Justa Girl

I'm sorry...

Geeks to Go

It's been five days, and they haven't responded to my post yet so I am going to try to post at Net-Integration, like Bubba suggested....

8. Justa Girl

Thank you soo much for your help and directing me to Net Integration Forums. They have helped me sooo much, it's unbelieveable how my computer runs now! I am virus-free and gained more knowledge on how to keep my computer clean. It's a whole lot more than what I asked for! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.