Shield.exe doesn't remember...

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Melly, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melly

Melly Guest

Hi everyone,

When I run Spyware Shield and the alarm window pops up, even if I tick the "remember this decision"-box, shield.exe doesn't remember anything and comes up with the same warning next time (e.g. a warning comes each and every time I open my browser). What's wrong here?

Thanks in advance and best wishes

Melly

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Melly,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please see my screen shot, you should choose these small blue windows and select "Remember event" and press the "allow" button. Please contact me again if you have any questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Attached Files:

3. Melly

Melly Guest

Thanks for your swift reply.

No matter how many alarms are shown as remembered in the list, whenever I open my browser, the alarm window keeps popping up again...

Anyway, I'll simply open the browser BEFORE starting shield, or I tick "remember" and click "allow" once again ;)

BTW, I also found that as long as shield.exe is running, its options cannot be changed, see

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=70451&highlight=shaase

Nevertheless, thanks again for the good work you're doing.

Melly

4. snapper

snapper Registered Member

Hi, I have the same problem, my copy doesn't save any of the alerts neither. This is very annoying as most of the alerts are caused by my MacAfee security software so it pops up fairly frequently. I've tried the above advice and also set it to known problems only ( surely that reduces its effectiveness ) but nothing seems to work.

5. redtiger7

redtiger7 Registered Member

Same here. I keep on checking off the always rememebr box, and it never does. And my remembered items list is always blank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.