shelf life of eset antivirus 4 licence key ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Superman20, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superman20

Superman20 Registered Member

Hi,

I have kaspersky internet security 2011 installed on my laptop which will expire in 11 months. I have purchased an eset antivirus licence key but found out that the kasperky licence I already have is a 3 user licence (courtesy of barclays bank) and I will use it till the licence expires. How long is the shelf life of eset antivirus 4 licence key ?

Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  3. Superman20

Superman20 Registered Member

I was given a link to activate it as well. But i haven't done that yet. So Im assuming it hasn't been activated yet. In that case is there a time period in which I must activate it?

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Most licenses don't become active until you activate them on your PC. I would hope this would be the case. If not it would make for bad business practices. I many times buy licenses in advance when i see a good deal. I have done this many times, and the licenses did not become active until they were activated on my PC. I have an Online Armor license for 3 PC's which I bought almost a year ago, and I know the time with OA does not start until It is activated on your PC. I have done this many times with other vendors as well. I would hope it would be good for the life of the product.

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Yes, I would like to know this as well. There should not be a time limit, but if this is Eset's business practices then that would be good to know.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest that you contact the distributor / reseller you purchased ESET from and explain them the situation. They should come up with a solution for you.

7. vtol

vtol Registered Member

you are right, the license period counts from the day the license is purchased/acquired but not when entered in NOD

8. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Do you make a difference between a serial number and user name/password conversion? It is true once you aquire the user name/password but not true for the serial number you receive.

9. vtol

vtol Registered Member

is there a serial number in Eset products? afaik there are only the username and password combo, at least for the consumer product AV

10. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

It is possible that you first receive a serial number, which you will have to activate on eset.com. After activation of that serial number you will receive your username and password.

11. vtol

vtol Registered Member

thanks for that info, wasn't aware of that procedure.

It would be certainly of interest to know the grace period for activation and when the activation period starts counting in such case. though logically it should only start counting when activated through the link, which would still leave the question whether there is period after the purchase date within the activation has to be undertaken, or whether that is like eternal

12. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Boxed products come with a serial number - that serial number is activated using the ESET website. Once activated, a username/password is emailed. The subscription then runs for boxed products from the day of activation, not the day of purchase.

13. vtol

vtol Registered Member

and there is no expiry on the activation period, do it now, in 1 week/month/year or 10 years?

14. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

To my knowledge - no expiration. I heard that someone I know activated a code I provided to them that was 3 years old....it worked fine.

15. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Activation code does not have expiry date. Upon activation, you get user name and password and day count starts from that moment (personal experience).

16. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

17. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

For those who received a serial through an ESET promotion or have issues activating a serial beyond the issues addressed in this Knowledgebase article, (such as an international customer) send me a DM with the following information:

Name:
    Address:
    Phone number:
    Email address:
    Product won:
    Serial number:

Or if you aren't comfortable sending me a DM, send it to an ESET Mod you trust, such as agoretsky or LowWaterMark and they will forward the information to me.

Edit: See this Wilders post for further details.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.