Shaw Security Suite- Please help

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by BornMember, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webster

webster Registered Member

Born, If you don´t use parental control, i don´t think it will be a problem.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have trialed f-secure and this version of shaw secure. i found both were unacceptable as far as performance goes. i have a p4 running at 4.1ghz!!! and this still slowed me way down also 2gb of ocz ram here . its not always the amount of ram or processes used though its a lot of times how they are ran by the program. i have seen some programs with a very large number of running proc. and no slowdown at all. and some with only a few and it booged my system down. f-secure has always been known to be a very heavy program. i tried it multiple times on different machines and always the same result. i know ill here about this one but in most cases nav ran better!!

3. webster

webster Registered Member

I have disabled everything, except antivirus and firewall, and it runs fine, on my p4 2.67g 512mb machine :) .

4. zfactor

some even say that nod doesnt run right on thier system thats why i say to trial run programs if you can not all programs av and firewall especially run the same on everyones system

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

With the amount of RAM I have (1GB) I dont think any AV will slow down my PC.....

6. zfactor

i have 2gb on my system and still f-secure bogged the crap out of it!! and my cpu is running at a sweet 4.19ghz oc'ed of course and stble to 4.5 on vapo chill. but anyway as most will agree almost all programs run differently on different machines. there is no gaurantee that everything will run the same on yours and mine. ram usage aside there are other conflicts and you use different programs than i. some use skins etc... to many variables to say brand x will run light on every system it runs on. nod runs very light , usually, i know people that nod did not run this light for and they went back to another av because of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.