ShadowUser Problem

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by alloucho, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Storagecraft is very much a contemporary, full-time, successful player in its arena of security products, especially at enterprise level. ShadowProtect is its big seller, now, and it draws lots of enterprise/server business. Very heavily promoted by resellers who are mostly in security consulting business.

Storagecraft apps are well-known among ITs & consultants who would get fired or become a laughing stock if they even looked twice at something like ShadowProtect. If the latter were of any consequence, they would likely be actionable for trademark violations such as Mozilla went through with its "Phoenix" & "Firebird" names a while back.

As to SU's price, you might check hither.

I have successfully used SU's kid brother (ShadowSurfer) for a couple of years now. Got it from a free offer, but it's $29.95 now.

As for SU being "state of the art", the weakness of sandbox/rollback apps was (& still is) that they do not truly protect against cross-scripting/XSS, keylogging/password stealing, etc.

It is NOT so much the date of issuance or version number that will tell you which apps cover these recent threats & exploits. Many of the current sandbox/roll-back apps STILL do not protect in these areaa. DefenseWall DOES. So also DOES SafeSpace -- maybe a few others. You just gotta check around & ask the right questions -- & avoid making decisions based primarily on debates about version numbers.

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Phew! another one up for ERD Commander 2005 system restore.

- I didn't really want to re image as I'd done alot of work on that machine and hadn't a recent backup. Now to put the gears in reverse and see what happened, why settings in one replicates over to the other.

forgive me if this deserved another thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.