ShadowUser Pro Problem

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Kapiti, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Purchased ShadowUser Pro about eighteen months ago, played around with it for awhile then uninstalled.
    Few days ago I decided to have another play with the programme. I installed ShadowUser Pro but the installation halted with a warning message that reads “The installation has detected there is already a ShadowStor product installed on this computer. Please un-install the current product and then restart the setup.” I’ve searched though the hard drive but can’t find any ShadowStor software installed to uninstall. Add and remove doesn’t show any ShadowStor listings and neither does the registry (at least as far as I can ascertain).
    Anyway I decided to ignore the warning message and continued on with the installation, the software installed okay and everything appeared to work. Few day later I tried to run Adobe Photoshop Elements v5 and received an error message that stated “Attempt to access invalid address”. and refused to start.
    I found that if I uninstalled ShadowUser Pro I could get Photoshop Elements to run correctly, re-installing ShadowUser Pro brings back the problem with Photoshop Elements.
    I noticed that SUP loaded two files at startup ( suatshut.exe and shadowuser.exe ) stopping these two from loading doesn’t make any difference in regards Photoshop Elements from throwing up the error message.
    I don’t know if the error message I received when installing ShadowUser Pro has any bearing on the problem but mentioned it just in case it does.
    So, has anyone any ideas, or suggestions, in why Photoshop Elements won’t work when ShadowUser Pro is installed, any input in helping me to overcome the problem would be most welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.