ShadowProtect Update (v3.5.1)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by prius04, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

It still doesn't for me and ask for an installer in the right language (German) to activate the license again (on the same PC).

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

It been my experience that customer service of the majority of imaging program makers could use improvement. L Bainbridge mentions considering switching to Acronis or Paragon. IMO, I don't think you can really expect much difference from what you've seen with StorageCraft. I've read of Acronis issues for years and recently had to wait for several days for a reply from Paragon. For me, the only exception has been TerabyteUnlimited, makers of Image for Windows. Whenever I had questions for them, they usually responded in less than 2 or 3 hours.

This all said, I greatly appreciate ShadowProtect. If you want/need imaging, it is the best... fast and reliable. I just wish that when a new version is ready, they would make available to everyone in all formats (especially the ISO!) And they should be exploring new methods to protect their work. It's crystal clear that the current method is not doing the job. The customer should almost never have to contact the maker to activate a product. There are too many posts stating the opposite...

3. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

If you install over an existing/installed activated version on the same PC with the correct language, there will be no problems with activation. You don't need to uninstall/deactivate before.

4. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Yes, the only requirement is to get the right installer and not the one posted above (http://www.storagecraft.com/software_update.php).

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

5. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

In their defence StorageCraft support DID get there with my problems eventually (took about a week in total, however).
    If it wasn't the best imaging program I've ever used I wouldn't have put up with this but put quite simply it's 2nd thing that goes on any new installation (immediately after FD-ISR) and I would feel naked without it.

6. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I hav read (on this forum) that it is not advisable to use SP in conjunction with programs like FD-ISR or Rollback RX. Can SP take a valid image of your computer with FD-ISR active? Or do you delete the rescue area before taking an SP image?

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Lenc

There can be problems with Rollback RX because of the way it hides sectors. FDISR uses the windows file system and Shadow Protect works just fine with it.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.