Shadow Defender/Sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by WWS, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWS

WWS Registered Member

For close to 2 years now, I've been running Shadow
    Defender in Sandboxie (or is it the other way around?) with no problems.
    A question though.
    What happens to the automatic signature updates that were installed into my antivirus and anti-malware programs while in a Shadow Mode/Sandboxie mode after rebooting?

Edit: observed updates coming in while in Shadow Mode, recorded their numbers, rebooted and sure enough, they were gone. So, that means updating
    manually before enabling SD.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

I always update my antivirus signatures manually when not in Shadow Mode.

Sandboxie (as I understand it) makes allowances for virus signatures of well known Antivirus Progs.

Some Wilders members have, I believe, set up Shadow Defender to accomodate to their virus def updates whilst in Shadow Mode.

3. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

@WWS - it seems to me that running SD with SB is overkill, but then again I could be wrong about that. :doubt:

@sdmod - you probably forgot more than I'll ever know about SD, but it seems to me that setting up exclusions weakens SD defenses (am I wrong about this?). For that reason I think it's smarter to perform any/all program updates before entering shadow mode. ;)

4. WWS

WWS Registered Member

I like to think of it as layered computer security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.