SG not running on login 2nd Admin. account

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by archer4hire, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archer4hire

archer4hire Registered Member

Hi,

I installed SpywareGuard on my XP machine and I'm very happy with it. When I start up my account (the first administrator account), the SG icon is there in the taskbar.

However, when the second administrator account on our computer is opened (my spouse's), SG won't run until I activate it manually. I thought it might be running 'silently' anyway, even without the SG icon in the taskbar, so I tried resetting the home page in my firefox browser -- and was able to do so, with no alerts.

Any suggestions on how I get SG to run on startup and stay on guard in the second admin account, as it does in my own account? Any help would be appreciated.

John

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey John....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

Concerning the "2nd Admin. account"....you can place a shortcut to the main program (sgmain.exe) into the All Users account start menu and that should make her work.

3. archer4hire

archer4hire Registered Member

Hi Bubba, and thanks for the reply.

I put the shortcut in All Users/Start menu. It was also already in a subfolder: All Users/Start menu/Programs/SpywareGuard.

This hasn't changed the behavior I noted in my first post: Unlike in the first Administrator account, where SG runs at startup (with icon in the taskbar), in the second Admin account the taskbar icon doesn't appear unless the program is activated by double clicking the SG icon on the desktop.

I'd like to be sure it's actually running and "on guard" in the second account.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hmmm....the instructions above should have worked o_O

I'm not as qualified as others concerning XP....but isn't there a setting dealing suppressing icons in the sys tray ?

In an attempt to see if SG is indeed loaded....have the second account attempt to change their Homepage. That is a parameter being monitored....and will tell you if SG is indeed loaded when the second account signs on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.