Several Questions About Restoring Archive With BR 10.1 Free

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by alexdog95, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexdog95

alexdog95 Registered Member

Am a total newbie to the process so may not use all the correct terminology.:doubt:
    I have an archive file from a whole disk backup of Drive C made with the free version 9 from GAOTD.
    1. This original backup was from a raid0 configuration where one of the disks failed (had 2 500GB disks)
    2. I popped in a 1Tb disk and changed bios to nonraid. This disk has a 900+ and a 13 Gb partiton with the 900+ formatted to NTFS.
    3. I am doing bare metal to bare metal restore via Paragon 10.1 boot cd using the Simple Restore option.
    4. When prompted to select where to restore partition to, I chose the new disk and the larger partition.
    5. I then start the restore and it shows that it is copying files....
    6. I did not see anywhere to assign a drive letter to this new partition. (Tried recreating the partition within the console but saw no way to assign a drive letter). Before I get too fare into this 327GB restore, will a drive letter be assigned automatically since was a backup of C, or will I have an opportunity to assign that later or should I abort and do something else. (I also have an UBCD4Win disk with the plugin for Paragon 9.5 Pro that I created)
    This is WinXP.
    Thanks,
    Alexdog
    Update:
    After a little bumbling on my part - restore performed beautifully. Thanks a million Paragon!!! :D
    Alexdog*puppy*

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

The drive letter should be assigned automatically by Windows, if it is not, you can use the recovery media's boot corrector to add or change the drive letter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.