Seven:shutdown impossible

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by blacknight, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

This is why then. You need to install it to-do that shutdown trace.

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I created a new account with rights, but there is the same issue at the shutdown.

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

In device manager, look at the "computer" device. You will see one a few different possible "devices", such as APIC, ACPI, uniprocessor, multiprocessor, etc. Some other more obscure ones from days gone by as well are possible.

Next look in your bios at your power settings. You will look for things like acpi suspend, power management, hdd powerdown, suspend mode, etc etc.

You might also try getting dumppo.exe from MS. Then run (from command prompt) dumppo cap to see many of the setting related to powering up or down your computer.

I can't tell you exaclty what you are looking for, it will vary greatly, especially the bios. But generally I think you are looking to rule out that your system is set to use an older power scheme. Years ago when you powered down a pc without the ACPI bios (and driver for the OS), you would have to manually turn the power off, even after you used "shut down".

It may be nothing, but you might learn something in the process ;) Or you might find your bios is set to use pic or something, and your OS is using a driver that is causing such issues.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.