Settings Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Uffbros, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uffbros

Uffbros Registered Member

I am trying out the trial of Nod 32....I was currently using Kaspersky and wanted to see how this compares. I read the tutorial already from the stickey here but my question is: Are most of you running the IMON part of it? I have it disabled. Reason being when I ran Kaspersky's equivalent it slowed me way down and after disabling it I was smoking again. A lot of the readers on several forums I frequent say you don't need the internet monitoring as the running in the background feature or the on demand will catch it anyway theory. Or when you click on a downloaded file when you go to open it..it will also be caught. I also disable the mail part of both of these programs for the same reason. What are your folks settings and opinions on this? Thanks.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

IMON should be run on all machines EXCEPT servers - so, yes, we're running IMON. Don't judge NOD32 badly based on an experience with another solution - trial IMON properly and let your own experiences tell you what it's like.

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ive always had IMON running when i used nod32 and it caused no slowdown. however, i dont set my apps to Higher Efficiency (like in blackspear's guide).

im currently using a beta build of KIS 6 and its web scanner doesnt slowdown my internet either.

as for the mail scanner, i have no problems using it. though ill rarely if ever download an attachment, it doesnt hurt to have it running.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I run IMON and disabled the e-mail checker in my Zone Alarm. Nod is nice.

6. Uffbros

Uffbros Registered Member

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.