setting the killbit in the registry, other rivals

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Spywarehater, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spywarehater

Spywarehater Guest

Spywareblaster is an excellent product, well done.

I'm wondering if it;s compatiable with
    this...

http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php

basically a registry file in which you can import 67 entries to block spyware. Is this usable together with spywareblaster? Should I even borhter ? Spywareblaster covers 125, but do they overlap?

I also understand spybot S&D will soon have a similiar feature, what does Javacool think about that?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

They are certainly usable together, but there really is no need for that blockfile if you are using SpywareBlaster (SpywareBlaster covers many more items, and provides information, etc. on those items - plus kill bit removal capabilities).

FYI, SpywareBlaster now covers 134 items with the latest database update.

Spybot S & D will have a similar feature soon, yes...and the interface contains a link to run SpywareBlaster. :D Also, Spybot S & D's Innoculation feature is a "one button" deal (i.e. "on or off") - not bad by any means, but for more ActiveX killbit configuration options (and information on blocked items), again - there's the link to run SpywareBlaster. (PepiMK is an excellent programmer, and has made a tremendous effort in the fight against spyware - and continues to do so.)

Programs that try to duplicate SpywareBlaster's protection method aren't bad - they simply leave frequent database updates as the way to stay ahead (not counting the ease-of-use factor), and that benefits the end-user. :cool: (Of course, all new items are run through extensive testing before being added to the SpywareBlaster database.) And then, there's always the option of adding new protection functionality to the program.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.