Set Network Zone Automatically with Policy

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Siriss, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siriss

Siriss Registered Member

Hello all-
    I have searched for this everywhere on the forum so I hope I am not double posting.

I am in the process of setting up a company wide firewall policy and I am wondering how to configure the network zone to allow sharing.

Every time a computer is connected to a new network, it asks if the user would like to allow or deny sharing. I want it to allow via policy.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. stickymicky

stickymicky Registered Member

Hello!

TO do this please do the following;

1. Within ESET RA edit the policy you want to apply these settings to
    2. Browse "ESET Smart Security > Personal Firewall > Setup > Rule setup: See Dialog" then select edit on the right
    3. within the new window select the "Zones" tab
    4. click "add default"
    5. Then double click "Trusted Zone" (remove the other two options if you don't need them...) and within the "Remote computer address setup" add in the subnets you want to allow for sharing i.e. Subnet: 192.168.1.0 / 255.255.255.0 and click "ok"
    6 Then to disable the window from popping up on other subnets/networks to ask for protected or shared brouse to: "ESET Smart Security > Personal Firewall > Setup > Do not show the dialog with protection mode settings of the computer in the network" - enable by clicking the tick box!

Your done...

Hope this helps... this took me ages to work this out as it isn't listed in any documentation! LOL

3. Siriss

Siriss Registered Member

Thanks! Worked like a charm!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.