Set Imon To "High Efficiency" Across Whole Network (Enterprise Edition RAC)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by slyder, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slyder

slyder Registered Member

Hi. We have Nod32 Enterprise Edition and have deployed preconfigured nod32 settings via the Remote Admin Console.

I manually set all programs to "higher efficiency" in Imon on a workstation, then opened that configuration in RAC, and saved it, then deployed it to the rest of the network.

On the original workstation the programs show as "higher efficiency", but on all the other workstations they come up as "higher compatibility"

Is there any way to set all pc's on the network to "higher efficiency"?

Thanks,

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  2. slyder

slyder Registered Member

Bump!

Anyone manage a NOD32 Enterprise network via Remote Admin Console? Have you set the IMON efficiency level via this?

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I would open the config that you use to manage your workstations...check on the IMON settings, edit if necessary, save if edited...then push out to workstations again.

In config editor..IMON==>Settings==>POP3...last choice

I always create configs for the network from scratch from the RAC..and push them out. Create install packages based on that config. Each time I edit/change a config...I update the matching install packages.

4. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

Hi,

First: Remember you have always a little time for the clients to synchronize with RAC.
    Further: Is the setting still wrong after rebooting a client?
    I don't know if you need to do this, but it might.
    (It won't be the first time when using Windows that a reboot must do the job) :D

5. slyder

slyder Registered Member

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately the "higher efficiency" bit only covers Pop3. I want to set local programs like Internet Explorer and Firefox to use "higher efficiency" http scanning.

I have the following string set in HTTP, Higher effeciency application list:

LegitCheck\iexplore.exe|Microsoft BITS/6.6\svchost.exe|Microsoft-CryptoAPI/5.131.2600.2180\msiexec.exe|Mozilla/4.0\iexplore.exe|Mozilla/4.0\OUTLOOK.EXE|Mozilla/4.0\WINWORD.EXE|Mozilla/5.0\firefox.exe|NOD32 Update\nod32krn.exe|Office Update\iexplore.exe|SCAgent\Explorer.EXE|Windows-Update-Agent\iexplore.exe|Windows-Update-Agent\svchost.exe

The problem is that this will only give the above applications higher efficiency. If a user adds more programs to their computer that access the internet they will come up as "higher compatibility".

Its a shame there isn't a tick box where you could specify that all clients should use "higher efficiency" for all applications

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Oh..under HTTP....it wasn't specified which part.

I don't mess with this area, I prefer default settings..but in the RAC there is a section where you can add programs to the list.

But all the client has to do, if you allow them to screw with this area, is click on which choice they want...compatability, or efficiency. You'll see it turn from red to green.

7. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi slyder:

The mirror is the best place for these types of settings. Pushing out through the RAC is okay for some items, but HE for IExplore and Firefox are best served through the mirror .xml.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.