services

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Infinity, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi , if I end a service like windows update, then I won't get notified by regdef.

is it possible to do that? I would like to but I allready got that key listed (default) and everything is set to : ask user at key and values.

thanx

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

If ending the service involves modifying the registry, then RegDefend should alert on it, as long as you have added the correct registry key. How were you ending the service?

3. Infinity

with the control centre Jason like allways.

it would be nice though : getting a sign if a process was ended by the hard way (cmd) or whatever way.

I thought registry values where modified if a service was ended or started...

ok, another thing I've learned here....

:)

Inf.

4. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Changing the "start" value will change the registry, so you could try playing with that. :)

5. Infinity

Jason, I did started and stopped and tried to end services ...

but when I install the guard from Ewido I get notified. but when I stop it , I won't get notified. this is probably by design right?

6. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

What I mean by the "Start" value, is the setting which is set to "Manual" "AutoMatic" or "Disabled" . You are probably thinking about the Start/Stop stuff instead. Stopping a service like that does not affect the registry. Only changing elements of the service, like its starting type, etc, will affect the registry. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.