services.exe re sisport

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by beethoven, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

can someone tell me how to answer the following alert re allow/deny?

Services.exe in windows/system32..
    wants to set/change the following key:

HKLM\system\controlset001\services\sisport

Not knowing what it does, I deny it but it usually comes back after every reboot. While it seems denying does not to affect anything I do, I would be interested to know whether it is relevant.

2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Beethoven, have you tried tracking down what the registry entry sisport is related/tied to? The reason I ask is when I looked for that location in my XP home SP2 registry there is no such entry. This makes me think it is tied to some device on your system, that may be trying to update the registry info. What is the full alert as listed in the RD log?

3. beethoven

disciple - I just rebooted the pc and the alert came up again. It is about deleting a key. It is shown as "a friendly alert" - however as in my other post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=114589 the actual log does not show anything.

I did an initial google on this but it did not help me, perhaps some more technical would have more understanding:(

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi beethoven,

Using regedit, try taking look at the ImagePath value under that key. If that value points to sisport.sys, then it is a USB-related driver. I would grant "Allow" permission to whatever RD spots for this key. You may not have a problem now when you block the change, but you may in the future.

Nick

5. beethoven

thanks Nick,

the path is as you expected. Took me a while to find it and to figure out that HKLM and HKey_Local_Machine is the same :blink: but I finally found it.
    Thanks you for your help:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.