Server Settings

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Devlin7, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

Hi,

We have NOD32 installed everywhere here. I have looked at the recommended server settings and implemented them. I do have a question about the web access protection. I have noticed that certain Microsoft Management console screens are DOG slow and this seems to be improve incredibly if I turn off the http scanning. I can see there is an exclusion option in the HTTP scanning but I am not sure what to enter or whether in fact I should bother with HTTP scanning. One of my servers is running SQUIDNT as a proxy server and I feel I need the HTTP scanning there but to be completely honest the server runs like a dog with the HTTP scanning enabled. Any suggestions.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

A lot of dropper trojans are polymorphic and won't initally be caught by the scanning engine until they attempt to go out and pull down more malicious content over HTTP, which is detected and blocked at that point. If you're having problems with certain applications and their performance in HTTP-based management consoles, I suggest you set up a program exclusion in the advanced settings so that known-trusted traffic is simply passed.

3. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

Things like WSUS simply doesn't respond if http scanning is enabled. In fact almost anything running under the MMC is diabolically slow or not responding. For example if I try to alter roles or features via the MMC I often get timeouts.
    Windows 2008R2 64bit

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

If it is slow on your config, just disable it. Protection is still there

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Ok, so what exactly is stopping you from setting up HTTP exclusions?

wsus.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.