Server or Home, what version do I need?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bo Derek, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo Derek

Bo Derek Guest

I have a desktop system used as a file server with Windows Server 2003 as the operating system. For storage purposes I use two ATA-HDD-drives in Raid 0 on a Promise FastTrak Raid controller.

Now I want to backup the content of the whole Raid-set, burning it on DVD (NEC 3500) and restore it to non-Raid-drives I install afterwards on the same system instead of the Raid-set.

As Acronis TI for home users does not support my operating system is it possible to use the rescue media to achieve the goal?

Thank you for your efforts!

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

use Acronis True Image 8.0 Server since it supports Windows 2003 Server which the home edition does not support.

3. Bo Derek

Bo Derek Guest

Sorry but I should mention that I'm not in the mood of spending 700 Euros if the rescue media of my already paid TrueImage for home users can handle it as well. ;)

So back to my original question: can the TI for home users rescue media handle it?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yea sorry, i was about to edit my post as i read the readme. the bootable media works independently of ur OS so u should be fine.

5. Bo Derek

Bo Derek Guest

All right, thanks for your answer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.