Server Lockup Problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by techserv, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techserv

techserv Registered Member

I am new to Nod32 (switching from Avast). I have installed Nod32 v3 on several workstations and everything seems great.

However, today I installed a new server (Windows 2003 Server Standard) for a client and I had preinstalled Nod32 Business Edition on the server prior to introducing it to the network. From the 5 workstations on the network, I had no problem accessing and opening files on network shares on the server, but if I tried to create or move new files to the network shares, the server would become almost completely unresponsive and kick all the workstations offline. I would have to restart the server in order to get everybody connected again.

Grasping for straws, I decided to uninstall Nod32 and the problem seems to have gone away.

I am not 100% sure that Nod32 was causing the problem but for now it is looking kinda like it may have been. All of the workstations are running Avast Professional (haven't switched them to Nod32 yet) Could that possibly be causing a conflict?

Any ideas? I am scared to even reinstall Nod32 on the server at this point.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have no idea what might be causing the conflict but should it happen so that you can't find a way to fix it , install NOD32 2.7 on the server (IMON must be disabled) , install ERAS/ERAC on the server so that ERA handles the Mirror part , 2.7 is just for server protection

3. techserv

techserv Registered Member

While installing v3, it prompts you to enable a couple of things (Early Threat Detection and Detection of unwanted programs). What should I do on those when using it on a server? I have always enabled the Early Threat detection and disabled the "Detection of unwanted programs" on all of the installs that I have done so far.

I am not going to be using the server to update workstations or anything, I just want some basic AV protection for the server itself.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ok . No problem .

Use 2.7 , downloaded from the Business section here:
    www.eset.com/download

ThreatSense.NET and Pottentially unwanted programs are ok to be enabled .
    When 2.7 detects that you are about to install it on server , it will advise you to keep IMON off . Just follow the recommendation :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.