Server connection error during startup.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Darren2000, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren2000

Darren2000 Guest

Recently when I boot up my Windows XP laptop I get a Server Connection Error immediately from NOD32. It would appear that the program is attempting to look for updates immendiately before I have established a wireless internet connection. I have the updates settings set to a LAN connection in NOD 32. Is there a way to ensure that the program doesn't look for updates until an internet connection is established?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Try changing the connection to Dialup, in the Nod32 Control Centre> Update> Setup. Advanced.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

darren,

it's nothing to worry about - either try the dialup change suggested by Blackspear, or ignore this harmless warning - it's not that big a deal, just a little oddity that NOD32 will be up and running before network services have been established...

hth

Greg

4. Darren2000

Darren2000 Guest

Actually I seemed to have solved it for now by manually initiating an update from NOD32. Once the update was completed I haven't had any further problems. I wonder whether an update may have been in progress previously when the internet connection was stopped and the program was trying to complete the download everytime I booted up. When the dialup update setting is used, does the software wait specifically for a dialup connection or just the establishment of any type of connection (ie. wireless)?

Thanks.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As far as I am aware, this is correct.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.