Server changeover

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DiscoDad, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiscoDad

DiscoDad Registered Member

Hi,

I have a client running NOD32 EE on a Windows NT4 server, with 6 W2K w/s and 6 XP Pro w/s.

We plan to replace the NT4 server with a new server running SBS2003. The 6 W2K w/s will get rebuilt with XP Pro.

The domain name will change and the IP addressing will change ( new subnet ).

What's the best way to get NOD32 running again on new server and all 12 w/s ?

Will turning off the old server and installing NOD32 EE on new server be seen as a second install of EE, or do I need to uninstall NOD32 from old server so that it releases the licence count ?

Same for 6 existing W2K w/s. Do I need to uninstall NOD32 from these 6 so that I can reinstall on rebuilt O/S and stay under the licence count ?

Any ideas or tips will be appreciated.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    No need to uninstall/reinstall in the worry about licensing, you're retiring the old NT 4 server (finally)...just install the server components on the new server and begin with it.

Install Mirror/RAS/RAC on the SBS box. Actually hopefully you're adding XMON since SBS runs Exchange.

You have many ways of redirecting the workstations.....here are a few...

*You can reinstall on top with a newly created push install package with a new config

*You can walk around to each workstation, and change the IP of the "Remote Admin Server" in the settings of each client. They'll report into the new RAS, and you can push out the new config file to them once they remote in.

*On the old server..before removing it...create a new config file that has all the settings to point to the new server. Push it out to the workstations before shutting it down.

Only 6x workstations...not really saving any time by doing one of the other...any methods will only take a matter of minutes.

Don't forget that SBS runs Sharepoint, which runs on port 8081..which is the default for the update mirror. You'll want to change the port of your update mirror...I use 8088 on SBS boxes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.