Server cant recognize user/password

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DVD+R, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I'm having trouble downloading my purchased software :blink: When I enter user/password, it just pops up with the login box repeatedly untill i get the authorization required page. I must add that this is happening within Windows 7 o_O o_O

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Make sure you're clicking on the link for the right software. e.g. if you bought EAV then clicking the link for ESS won't work.

Jim

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Actually it does, unless this has been changed in the last month, as when I bought NOD32 I received a free upgrade to ESS, and its worked before.

Also there is a stuborn trojan that NOD32 refuses to delete, it detects it,and places it in quarentine, but if I choose to permanently delete from quarentine, it always resufaces :ninja: on the next scan, how do I get it out of my system o_O

the nasty is this 29/09/2009 7:54:57 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Windows\system32\cngaudit.dll a variant of Win32/Kryptik.YQ trojan unable to clean NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred during an attempt to run the file by the application: C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Temp\b.exe.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As for the problem with your credentials being refused when attempting to download the installer, please contact the distributor / reseller to check out your license status.

Regarding the problem with the recurring malware, scan the file C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Temp\b.exe with the on-demand scanner. If it's not detected, submit it to the viruslab per the instructions here. Enclosing a log from SysInspector might help the viruslab guys find the root cause of the problem.

I'd also recommend that you run a full system scan with ESET Online Scanner.

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Marcos/ I navigated to the exact location as to where the trojan was lying by displaying hidden folders, and manually deleted the exe. Then ran a complete In depth scan once more, this time it was not detected. Windows Defender could no longer detect it ,as it also had picked up on its location more than once before. Running Online scan at present:

Online Scan Results: Nothing Found

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  6. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

I remember having a problem with windows 7 doing something weird with the eset login box.Make sure you have no extra spaces or characters when using the download page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.