Server 9.1 Universal Restore Never Prompts for Drivers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by leadfoot93, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadfoot93

leadfoot93 Registered Member

I am using the 9.1 trial and a trial universal restore I got from a sales rep. The host server is a dell 2550 with raid, and the dest is a dell 2850 with raid also. the server restores and always BSOD. but the universal restore never gives me an option to load drivers. during the restore.
    on my rescue media I choose the icon that says universal restore full version..

any thoughts or ideas? i'm not about to drop about a grand plus on software that just wont work.
    Ken

2. leadfoot93

leadfoot93 Registered Member

fixed with new build given to me from support

3. monstersinc1

monstersinc1 Registered Member

What build version did they give you?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello monstersinc1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if you experienced issue with Acronis Universal Restore, follow the instruction provided in this previous post of mine to collect the information that would allow us to investigate the issue and provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. psraj

psraj Registered Member

I am having the same issue. trying move teh entire disk image from Dell 1550 to Dell 1950. Windows 2000 with SP4 is the OS. I have the latest build of ATI9.1 and Universal Restore option. I just dont get the option to select Universal restore while booting from the Boot CD. Help...!!

6. DarrinZ

DarrinZ Registered Member

Same issue here as well. Windows 2003 Server (Standard Edition) using True Image Windows Server v9.1 (build 3,854) with Universal Restore for Windows Server.

Fairly plain setup. Everything went as expected with the installation of TI and Universal Restore. The product on the server shows "Acronis True Image Server with Acronis Universal Restore" in the title bar when launched. The title bar when booting from the recovery CD shows the same -- so the UR installation seems right.

I just never get prompted for drivers.

7. olehemp

olehemp Registered Member

Hello,

I have also had this problem. Problem was the way the HDs are setup. With a dynamic (Softraid) disk you can`t restore in one way. This workaround helped for me:

- restore the image (without the Universal Restore Option) to a basic disk. (do not reboot, as it won`t work)
    - make a new BackupImage of this disk.
    - finally restore this second Image. This time you should have the Universal Restore Option available.
    To me this helped after days of restoring/ backing up/ installing/ testing/ trying other setups/ formatting HDs in different ways etc...
    May be someone finds this useful.
    Best regards
    Olehemp

8. DarrinZ

DarrinZ Registered Member

The system I imaged does not have dynamic disks. The hardware RAID 1 has two partitions -- both partitions are "basic" with NTFS file system.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello psraj and DarrinZ,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please follow the link I have provided in the above post of mine to collect the information necessary for investigation.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.