Serious Problems with Paragon Allignment Tool

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by sg09, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I was using PAT to align my 1Tb External Seagate HDD with Tons of Data. After rnning for 5 hours, I got a sudden power-cut. Now after restarting my PC, I saw my HDD is no longer recognized. I rerun the PAT tool. It alerts me that a previous incomplete work is suspended. I allowed it to run. But after showing "copy data from cluster" for two hours, it showed the drive is properly aligned. But still I could not access my HDD or Data:'( . It is inserted there for sure (I can see it from my safely remove tray icon) but I can't access the drive or Data. I tried the plug it in my Laptop but with same results.:oops:
    Need emergency help please....o_O

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

power cut is never at a good time but especially not at when a hd is being worked on. Try some data recovery software maybe, like Ontrack and others

3. Barcath

Barcath Registered Member

Did the PAT Boot CD offer any help? It seems to be designed to find missing partitions due to just what you ran into. That's my quick impression of it--but I've never had occasion to try that feature.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

To expand on Barcath's post:

If you go to your account >Downloads, there should be a Linux boot cd available for PAT. Login to MyAccount

It is made for the exact problem you are having.

It has a tool for undeleting partitions , and a boot corrector tool.

5. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I contacted to the support. They advised me to use trial of Paragon Drive backup and with that to undelete the partition. By that I was able to recover 310Gb of Data, That means recover nearly half of the amount of data I had. Now should I use any data recovery software? If so, which one?

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

7. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Thanks. But no I had only one partitions. It restored only 400Mb among 675 Gb. But among them many video files are corrupted. So, about 310Gb restored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.