Serious NOD32 compatibility issue with Broadcom integrated wireless

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rabid, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabid

Rabid Registered Member

I have discovered a program compatibility issue between NOD32 and Broadcom integrated wireless adapters.

When NOD32 is installed, it causes wireless adapter start-up to hang.. up to 2 minutes after a user logs into Windows XP. It will startup as normal without any error messages, but it will cause startup to hang. During this hanging process, the user cannot open anything--no applications, folders, etc. The system is at a complete standstill.

Here's a link to the utility that NOD32 conflicts with: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ob-31564-1

This issue is not caused when:

a. NOD32 is uninstalled.
    b. Broadcom wireless utility is uninstalled (Windows WZC is disabled.)
    c. Instead of Broadcom wireless utility, the Windows Wireless Zero configuration is used.

The Broadcom wireless adapter is common within the HP/Compaq line of laptops. My HP zv6000 has one and experiences this hanging problem. A friend of mine has a Presario M2105US (with Broadcom wireless integrated adapter) and experiences the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated. I can post any additional info as needed.

- Rabid :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Try contacting Eset support.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi,
    this happens if the NOD32 kernel service has to wait for another network related service to start up. The time you wait is the time your network services need to start.

4. Rabid

Rabid Registered Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies.

In regards to the network services (by Marcos) -- which ones? Is there one that I could single out the problem to be associated with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.