Serious Malfunction in Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by aquariumpro, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquariumpro

aquariumpro Registered Member

I am having crashing and hanging problems in Outlook 2003 precisedly as described in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=156057

Except we are not using Exchange as that thread describes - stand-aalone Outlook on XP client machines in a Windows Server 2003 sp2 r2 domain. Not only does it occur when you delete items out of the ESET Antispam folder, but also occasionally when sending and receiving.

I read this solution from that thread:

Did all that, and problem is re-occuring after each time I use the above solution. Any further clues?

2. aquariumpro

Seems the problem may possibly lie with some function of the ESET Antispam folder itself. When I specify that the module should move the files to the Outlook Junk Email folder, the add-in isn't misbehaving as badly.

Doesn't happen now when I delete messages, only occasionally when sending and receiving. When it happens during send/receive, one click and the message goes away. I then disable the add-in in Outlook and it's fine for a while, then starts up again eventually.

3. aquariumpro

I take back that last post. Evidently, the problem is still there. It happens when trying to delete a large number of emails at once from the folder the add-in places spam into.

4. shansmi

shansmi Registered Member

what happens if you remove the SPAM folder specification and delete the SPAM folder ESS created in Outlook? I have ran Outlook 2003 and now 2007 without issues but I am only doing POP3....

5. aquariumpro

I'll try that, but something tells me I'm missing a registry entry somewhere when I uninstall ESS which is not described in the above solution I quoted from another thread on this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.