Serial number no longer available?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by homeport, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeport

homeport Registered Member

I undated to the latest build 9709 on my Acronis True Image Home 2009. Now when I do an "ALT/Help/About", I no longer see my Serial number. Does this mean I was undated with a Trial Version? How does one know if he is using a Trial or Full Version? I tried to register again, but the message said I was already registered.

2. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

Same problem here....??

I sent email to acronis support...hope they can answer.

3. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

True, the serial number is no longer displayed. I believe this occurred with build 9709 and is most likely a security concern.

Bruce

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

In the 2009 version, you can check the build number by navigating mouse cursor to upper line of the program then press ALT + left mouse button -> Help -> About. The serial number is no longer displayed beginning with this version. This simply means that your serial number is not displayed. The lack of a displayed serial number does not imply that your copy is not registered.

Registration is only necessary once for a specific version . As long as you know your login name and your login password so you can login to your registration page, your serial numbers for all versions ever registered will be displayed and you can download the most recent builds for your version.

Also beginning with the 2009 version, the trail version can be updated so it is the same as the paid version by the input of your serial number into the trail version. Some users have indicated they have had to do a repair (begin a new install) in order for the trial time limit to be removed once the serial was input.

It is always a good practice to use a Sharpie pen and write the full serial number on your Rescue CD. Retain any Rescue CD you create for possible future use.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  5. homeport

Thanks for the good info. But, how do you know if you are running a Trial version?
    Also, if I created a Rescue CD for an earlier update (i.e. build 9646), is it necessary to create another Rescue CD for the 9709?

6. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Can’t comment about your question about the trial version as I have never used it. With regard to the Rescue Media CD, any time you install a new build you should create a new CD for that build. As an example the CD for build 9646 had a problem with excluding certain file types by default. This was corrected in build 9709. This caused problems with some applications (Office 2003 & Office 2007) which would become corrupt if the option to exclude *.bak, *.tmp etc. wasn’t cleared when creating an image.

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

A trial CD has limations and should be replaced once a fully licensed version is available.

8. homeport

I realize that the trial version should be replaced, however, when one is using a Trial version, is there some type of designation on it that indicates that it is a trial version?

9. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

When I was using the Trial, under "About" the trial did show up as such with the number of days left.

When I installed the registered version and applied the serial number, the "About" shows nothing but Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build 9709).

10. homeport

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.